Gunnar Þór Þórarinsson
Gunnar Thor advises international clients in relation to investments in Iceland, in recent years most notably the bondholder groups of the failed Icelandic banks in relation to the restructuring of the Icelandic financial system. Gunnar has been named as a leading lawyer by Chambers and Partners since 2012.
- LOGOS Legal Services since 2009
- Baugur UK Limited 2008-2009
- Attorneys at Hofdabakki 2001-2007
- Solicitor in England and Wales 2011
- Registered European Lawyer 2009
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.M. in Corporate law 2008
- District Court Attorney 2002
- University of Iceland, cand. jur. 2001
- University of Copenhagen, Nordplus Scholar, 2001
- International Electronic Evidence, edited by Stephen Mason: Chapter representing Iceland (co-written with Hordur Felix Hardarson).
London, British Institute of International and Comparative Law, 2008
- Anniversary Publication for Prof. Jonatan Thormundsson: On Electronic Evidence. Published in Reykjavik, 2007.
- International Journal of Legal Information: Electronic Government: New Legislation on E-Government in Iceland (co-written with Kristjan Andri Stefansson). Vol. 31, No. 3, 2003, p. 559-569
- Ulfljotur Law Review: Electronic Government, Vol. 53, No. 4, 2002, p. 679-686.
- On the board of the Institute of Legal Research of the University of Iceland, 1999-2001
- On the board of the Educational Board of the Faculty of Law of the University of Iceland, 1999-2001
- On the editorial board of Ulfljotur Law Review, 1999-2000
- Participation in the International Human Rights Moot Court Competition, Sporrong Lönnroth, 2000
- Vice president of Orator, Icelandic Law Students Association, 1998-1999