Hjördís Halldórsdóttir LL.M.
Hjordis has long been ranked among Iceland‘s leading lawyers in the field of Information Technology Law as well as in the field of Intellectual Property Rights, most recently by Chambers Europe (Band 1) and Legal 500. For a number of years she has also been the leading legal advisor for a number of major Icelandic corporations in diverse industries, ranging from construction and aluminum to technology, and is ranked as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 in Projects and Energy. In recent years her litigation practice has grown substantially, and she has been the lead counsel in landmark cases involving a wide variety of commercial and financial disputes.
- LOGOS Legal Services since 2000
- Adalsteinsson & Partners 1999
- Ministry of Agriculture 1998-1999
- Supreme Court Attorney 2012
- Stockholm University, LL.M. in Law and IT 2003
- District Court Attorney 1999
- University of Iceland, cand.jur. 1998
- Scandinavian languages
- Lecturer for the Bar Exam since 2008
- Lecturer at the University of Iceland Faculty of Law 2001-2006
- Freedom of Expression and Protection of the Private Life. Anniversary edition from the Icelandic Data Protection Authority. Reykjavik. 2007.
- Enforcement of Copyright. Scandinavian Studies in Law Vol. 47. Peter Wahlgren (Ed.). Stockholm Institute for Scandinavian Law. Stockholm. 2004. (Compulsory reading, LL.M. in Law and Information Technology, Stockholm University).
- Overview of New and Changed Remedies in Case of Breach of Contract (translation of original title). Researches in Social Sciences IV. Faculty of Law. Vidar Mar Matthiasson (Ed.). University of Iceland Press. Reykjavik. 2003.
- Employees’ E-Mail and Privacy (translation of original title). Lögberg, Journal of the Institute of Law. Stefan Mar Stefansson (Ed.) and Vidar Mar Matthiasson (Ed.). University of Iceland Press. Reykjavik. 2003. (Reviewed).
- CEO of the Copyright Association of Iceland since 2008.
- Currently an alternate member of the Icelandic Copyright Committee and an alternate member of the Board of the Copyright Association of Iceland.
- Member of the Board of Eignarhaldsfélagið Smáralind ehf., Fasteignafélag Íslands ehf. and Reginn hf. 2010-2012.
- Secretary of the Board of the Icelandic Bar Association 2007-2008, vice president 2008-2009.
- Appointed Chairman, by the Minister of Agriculture, of a committee to discourse on Agricultural Production Board issues 1999-2000.
- Member of a governmental committee of treasury and agriculture on negotiation with the Farmers Union 1998-1999.