LOGOS is the leading firm in competition law - antitrust in Iceland. Our work in this practice area includes:
- Engagement in matters before competition authorities and Icelandic courts. Including on alleged abuse of a dominant position and alleged cartels or concerted practices.
- Providing legal advice to companies that are considered to be in a dominant position
- Advising companies in dawn raids
- Legal advice in respect to horizontal and vertical agreements
- Merger control
- State aid
- Competition law compliance
We pride ourselves in our team’s experience in the field as we have a strong team advising local and international firms alike. The firm’s experts lecture regularly on the topic at the Icelandic universities and give lectures for our clients’ employees, including as part of competition law compliance programs.
LOGOS has been engaged in most of the high-profile cases that have been brought before competition authorities and the Icelandic courts for various clients. Furthermore, our team has acted as adviser on several mergers, both domestically and internationally.
We are frequently asked to provide training and compliance programmes for our client’s employees and to review agreements and conduct for ensuring compliance with competition law.
Key partners are Helga Melkorka Óttarsdóttir, ranked as an “Eminent Practitioner” by Chambers and Partners and “Leading individual” by The Legal 500, Gunnar Sturluson who is highly ranked by Chambers and Partners and Halldór Brynjar Halldórsson, who is ranked as a „Next generation lawyer“ in EEA & Competition law by The Legal 500.
Helga Melkorka Óttarsdóttir, Gunnar Sturluson and Halldór Brynjar Halldórsson wrote the Icelandic chapter in the Chambers and Partners "Antitrust Litigation 2020" Global Practice Guide.