Personal data is often one of companies’ most valuable asset. In processing of personal data companies must be aware of the extensive legal obligations placed on data controllers and data processors based on applicable data protection legislation.
Data protection legislation has been developing fast in the last years, including by the implementation of the general data protection regulation (GDPR), and it is becoming increasingly important in many contexts. All companies, organisations and other entities processing personal data must ensure that the processing complies with legal requirements and it is important to be able to demonstrate compliance.
Our experts have vast experience and training in this field and we advice clients from different sectors on all aspects of data protection, privacy and compliance.
Our work in this area includes:
- Providing advice on grounds of data processing and rights of the data subjects
- Drafting data processing agreements
- Providing advice in relation to any data transfer outside the European Economic Area
- Drafting binding corporate rules
- Acting as Data Protection Officer and providing advice regarding the appointment of such officers
- Analyzing the role of companies as data controllers and data processors
- Assistance in relation to notifications and authorization request to the Data Protection Authority
- Assistance in relation to the use of clouds
- Educational seminars for employees and directors
- Data mapping and audits for companies and organizations
- Assistance in relation to security breaches, notification requirements etc.
- Drafting of privacy policies
- Correspondences with national supervisory authorities