Attorney at Law, Partner
Bjarnfreður is an attorney at law, licensed to practise before the district courts. He holds an LL.M. degree from the University of Miami and his main areas of expertise are Corporate Law, Financial Restructuring and Tax Law. Bjarnfreður has been on the board of several companies, including companies in the production and finance sector. Bjarnfreður became a partner at LOGOS in 2006.
- LOGOS Legal Services, 2006-
- Lög law office/Taxis law, 1998-2006
- The Directorate of Internal Revenue, 1993-1996
- Nova Southeastern University, 1997-1998
- University of Miami, School of Law, Coral Gables Florida, LL.M. 1997
District Court Attorney, 1996
University of Iceland, cand.jur., 1993
- Co-author of the Commissioner´s of the Inland Revenue handbook on VAT, published 1998
- The back bone of tax law – principles of legal interpretations in Tímarit Lögréttu, 2016, 1. issue.
- On tax competition and tax cohesion a chapter in Afmælisrit Jón Steinar Gunnlaugsson sjötugur 27. september 2017, Reykjavík, 2017